1. Add Batting Power by Hitting an Old Basketball by Olan Suddeth
[ Date: October 23, 2007 - Words: 275 - Views: 5039 ]
A quick and easy drill for your entire team! Have them hit an old basketball off of a tee to help increase their batting power.
2. Bench Your Players to Improve Your Team by Olan Suddeth
[ Date: March 5, 2007 - Words: 560 - Views: 4073 ]
Don't succumb to the desire to win at all costs - be willing to discipline, and even bench, players who are not giving it their best effort.
3. Break in a New Baseball Glove with the Shaving Cream Method by Olan Suddeth
[ Date: August 17, 2006 - Words: 294 - Views: 33928 ]
Don't want to spend weeks using glove oil, then hitting your glove repeatedly? Break it in overnight with the shaving cream method!
4. Bribery With Candy is Awesome for Tee Ball and in Little League by Olan Suddeth
[ Date: August 17, 2006 - Words: 192 - Views: 2060 ]
A good way to help teaching 5-8 year olds how to catch balls thrown to them is to use candy as a sweet incentive.
5. Build Self Esteem in Your Team - Reward Your Players by Olan Suddeth
[ Date: August 17, 2006 - Words: 1269 - Views: 6022 ]
Don't underestimate the impact that you, the little league baseball coach, has in child's life. Boost self esteem (and build loyalty) in your players by doing the little things that will set you apart with them.
6. Bunt Loops - a Hard Charging Defensive Drill by Olan Suddeth
[ Date: March 8, 2007 - Words: 282 - Views: 2634 ]
Use this drill to get some solid reps in for defending against the bunt.
7. Can (and Should) Girls Play Baseball? by Olan Suddeth
[ Date: February 1, 2008 - Words: 837 - Views: 7441 ]
A look at the issue of girls playing in a traditional boy's sport. Should girls play baseball?
8. Conditioning for Pitchers: Exercises for the Offseason by Olan Suddeth
[ Date: January 24, 2008 - Words: 682 - Views: 15050 ]
Pitchers are not made during practice - they are made in the offseason. Follow these exercise siggestions to build a regular workout that will help increase emdurance, flexibility, and strength.
9. Dirt! Baserunning Drill for Balls in the Dirt by Olan Suddeth
[ Date: August 16, 2006 - Words: 352 - Views: 3116 ]
A good drill for practicing advancing bases on a ball in the dirt.
10. Dugout! Run Past First Base on Every Hit by Olan Suddeth
[ Date: August 17, 2006 - Words: 376 - Views: 2573 ]
Teach your players to overrun first base.